Welcome to AQUA FILTER HAWKES BAY
Hi, Brian and Elton here from Aqua Filter Hawkes Bay.
Having seen the need for a specialised business within the water filtration and purification industry we joined Aqua Filter in 2017 and since then have been building our business in the local community. Based in Havelock North we understand the need for Clean , Pure, Drinking Water and we endeavour to supply our customers with the best system to remove the issues our customers are having with their water. Whether it is just for your kitchen drinking water, your whole house, rural or for all commercial applications we have it covered.
Our backgrounds are diverse which helps us understand our customers.
Brian has an engineering degree from University but has been cattle farming for the last 30 years. On his farm he had to deal with water issues and had installed a huge commercial reverse osmosis system to give him the purest water that tasted good but was also safe. He has a wealth of knowledge pertaining to the science around water and all the components that give us our water for our homes. He is also hands on when it comes to the business and always wanting to give the customers the right advice when it comes to their water issues.
Elton started his career in the refrigeration industry where he was part of the manufacturing process as well as the installation of the commercial units and this is where he gained his technical knowledge when it comes to piping and basic electrical work. From here he moved into sales and for the last 20 years has been in a Sales and Marketing management role in the electronics, fabric, granite and now the water filtration industry. Having had many dealings with customers Elton understands his customers and is always striving to give his customers the best service from start to finish.
Our focus is to help the communities in the Hawkes Bay Area to understand their water and to be able to have Clean, Pure, Drinking water.
We have supplied free filtered drinking water at a few of the community events and at every event we have been amazed at how the children have enjoyed drinking the filtered water. We hope to be able to do this at many more events in the community going forward.
We are committed to the people of Hawkes Bay and with our water forever changing and becoming more precious as every day passes we at Aqua Filter Hawke’s Bay want to be able to assist our customers with their water needs.
Give us a call on 027 688 1701 to enquire today.
- You have been referred to us by another client, most of our new clients meet us this way
- You have an issue like smelly, foul-tasting water and need help straight away
- You don’t trust your drinking water
- You want drinking water free from chemicals and heavy metals or fluoride
- Your harvesting rainwater and want to make sure your set up is the best possible, and want a free onsite check
- You have no water! your water pump has stopped working and need urgent assistance
- You want to upgrade your drinking water with better technology for peace of mind
- We are easy to work with, easily contactable and we are a friendly team
- Experience matters, so you get the right advice first time
- We offer peace of mind, healthy solutions and products
- We are a trusted service company, same clients for over 18 years since 2000
- We do what we say we will do, on time and as quoted
- We have your water sorted, year in year out with on-time planned service scheduling.
“We are committed to providing 100% Customer Satisfaction, this is our AQUA GUARANTEE”
- Free onsite appraisals, so we can match the right product with your personalised setup
- Free onsite WoF detailed report for tank water users
- On time planned maintenance service at your place, arranged to suit you
- We use certified products, NSF, Watermark, WQA (Water Quality Association)
- Certified Installers and fully trained service technicians
- Service for all major brands or pumps and filtration especially UV filter systems
- Full Service, Sales and Installation
Hawkes Bay Service Areas
Water Issues Hawkes Bay
The Hawkes bay has some good town water supplies and some smaller areas which struggle with water quality.
There are also many people with individual supplies
These can include bacteria like E.coli, Salmonella and Campylobacter. Viruses like Hepatitis A & E, Norovirus and Calcivirus. As well as Protozoan parasites like Giardia.
Any water supply which is not a Town mains which meets drinking water standards should be considered a possible source of microbiological contamination.
As these are living organisms, they are likely to be present intermittently and the number of them present will vary.
These are commonly found in rain water supplies, a surface waters, springs and shallow or unsecured bores. This can also be a concern with some water schemes, particularly irrigation schemes that some people have connected to their homes.
As with all areas, what issues are present will depend on where the water is coming from.
Chemically rain water is very good, however as it falls through the air, it dissolves in some Carbon Dioxide, which makes it slightly acidic and corrosive to metal plumbing. This is more noticeable in plastic tanks, concrete tanks can offer some protection as they raise pH slightly.
There are a good number of people on these supplies supply in the region, these often have undesirable levels of iron, manganese, hardness, Silica and low pH.
In some areas of the Hawkes Bay, very high levels of Arsenic have been found in private groundwater supplies. These areas include Poraiti and Taradale. As arsenic is not generally included in standard water analysis, we would encourage anyone testing their private supplies to add this to their test to be on the safe side.
Surface Water (Streams, Rivers, Creeks Dams etc)
Surface water sources tend to have heavy levels of sediment in them after rains and they can become discoloured from dissolved organic matter. Depending on the land they flow through, some can also have other mineral issues, like hardness and iron.
Most town supplies have chlorine in them for our safety, but some consumers may find the taste or smell unacceptable.
Occasionally a small community may create their own water scheme to provide water to a number of houses in an area without a town supply. Some of these may leave the responsibility for drinking water safety in the hands of the home owner who has elected to connect to the scheme. These need to be tested and depending on the water source may experience some of the water issues described above.